Thursday, July 22, 2010

Advice please

I'm pretty sure Wyatt was stung by a bee today. He doesn't seem to be phased by it, nor did he even react when the bee stung him (I'm assuming he'd cry). There was a bee in the house and hanging around the patio and he was out there today. He has this huge splotchy spot on his arm with what looks like a little bee sting hole in the center. I gave him a bath and let him soak a bit and I'm keeping an eye on it. Should I be a little more concerned? Or is plain ole concern-ity enough?

8 comments:

  1. i dont know too much about babies. but it could be it looks worse on him because babies have sensitive skin. maybe putting desitin or something on it would make the swelling go down. i would only worry if it gets worse

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.babycenter.com/0_bee-stings_11225.bc

    I hope it helps. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it would be okay, just watch the mark. Aidyn swells up with mosquito bites, so maybe thats all it is! He has huge welts all over his body, but they go away. He is big enough for baby benedryl and that usually takes it away!

    ReplyDelete
  4. baby benadryl, if it swells and doesn't go down. Oh, and there is a topical benadryl, which is great. You don't have to use much at all. But don't use it with the kind you ingest. That could cause an overdose.

    ReplyDelete
  5. a friend of mine's son got stung by a mosquito and it made his entire foot swell up..so who knows what it is, but i certainly hope it doesnt get worse. theres lots of good baby creams these days for bites and stings. keep us posted! and umm...the pics below belong in a friggin magazine..it looks amazing, especially the last one. i might try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I don't know! I yell at any mosquito that comes near Ruari. I would be so mad at that bee.

    Me yelling at mosquito's may have created an interesting picture of me in your head. Maybe I'm home alone with a baby too much. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. keep an eye on him, check his temperature (to make sure it was a bee sting and not a tick bite or such). dont hesitate to call your doctor for advice. if the spot changes at all (meaning gets bigger) i would take him to the dr can you post a picture of it??

    ReplyDelete
  8. Baking soda paste does wonders! Relieves pain, itchiness, and swelling! A nurse recommended it as a home remedy and it never fails!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...