Monday, August 9, 2010
FERBER, I HATE YOU
Last night was INSANE. Like, completely freakin' nuts.
HERE'S THE RUNDOWN
1. Put Wyatt to bed at 8:15, but he screamed till 9. I went in and checked on him a couple times and he finally went to sleep.
2. Didn't wake up till 1 am, which is great! But I could not get him back to sleep. At 3 am he finally went down. THREE AM!!!!!!!!!!!! OH, and he only slept an hour.
3. So at 4 am he's up screaming. I couldn't really take it anymore because I haven't really slept yet. I couldn't sleep anyway last night and so by this time I was exhausted. I tried to get him back to sleep but slowly gave up. I finally went out to the living room and put a pillow over my head and fell asleep on the couch for an hour.
4. At 5 am I woke up and realized that Wyatt was still screaming. I tried to comfort him, but no. So I gave up again. (I'M TERRIBLE)
5. I fell asleep on the couch again and didn't wake up till 7:30. SEVEN THIRTY. And do you want to know what? WYATT WAS STILL CRYING IN HIS CRIB. WTF!?@e$@#$!#t%
6. This was my breaking point after realizing that my kid literally didn't sleep half the night. So I brought him back to bed with me and all was golden until 8:30 when we woke up naturally.
Please, someone tell what the hell happened here?! I didn't pick him up at all during this whole process because THOSE ARE THE RULES?! I don't know. I hate this Ferber thing.
I need some real motivation to keep going. Has anyone experienced a night as nuts as this?