Let's talk about FERBERNATING. Just kidding. Let's talk about the Ferber Method. Here was the rundown of my night. Last night was my third or fourth night... can't really remember due to lack of sleep.
1. Down at 8:30... He cried for about 20 minutes. I went in and rubbed his head until he fell asleep.
2. Woke up at 11ish and we went through the same ordeal except less crying.
3. STUPID THUNDERSTORMS. He woke up at 12:15 and I let him lay with me for about a half an hour until I could make sure the storm was over. I didn't feel like getting up every 5 minutes whenever he heard thunder.
4. Woke up at 3! I can't believe he slept 3 hours. Not a big deal to you, but a huge deal for me.
5. It took me forever to get him back to sleep. I skipped a nursing this time just for the hell of it to see what he'd do. He freaked. But I got him back to sleep after 45 minutes.
6. Woke up at 5:30... and I let him sleep with me for the rest of the morning. (I'M BAD) We woke up at 8 because Josh called us on Skype!
Jeez I miss him. He really is my best friend and we do lots of stuff together. So now I'm just like bored without him. I'm sure you all understand.
Some more questions and answers!
Whats the BEST thing that's ever happened to you?? Aside from your husband and wyatt.(My dad asks us "whats the best thing that happened to you this week" every friday night at dinner)...
The best thing that has happened to me so far? Hmm... I DON'T KNOW? I can't even figure this one out. The obvious answers would be Wyatt and Josh but I'm not allowed to say that. I don't know. I can't stop watching the View to even begin to answer this question.
Christy (sorry, no link) said...
I give you credit for doing all this on your own! No friends, family or support system around! What is a typical day like for you and how do you manage to get anything done?
My day is probably the same as all of yours. Except my husband isn't here. I get up with Wyatt. He crawls around the house playing with toys and getting into stuff, we eat, I shower, we play some more, we nap, we eat again, we nap again, we eat again and then Wyatt get's a bath and then we go to bed. It's a dull life. Sometimes I mix it up a little bit and like, maybe go to the MALL. Actually, reading this makes me realize that everyone else probably has a much more fascinating life than I do. I manage to get it all done because there's nothing to do! I only have one baby so doing chores is relatively easy. I just do them fast around him. Not only this, but I'm not a fan of molding to baby. I kinda think baby should mold to your lifestyle (of course within reason). He's gotta learn to go with the flow of everyday life or I'm going to have a terrible brat on my hands.