1. Where are you from? I'm originally from Upstate New York, but I've lived in a few different places. After high school, I went to college in Boston. After spending four years in Boston, I lived in the Bushwick section of Brooklyn for three years, before returning back home to Upstate NY, where I've been for the past five years.
2. Tell us a little bit about your blog/site/shop/you- My Etsy shop started several years ago, and I originally started it to sell random things I had sewn or crocheted. But then I decided to start listing my photography and art work, and that's when the shop REALLY took off! Almost two years ago, my boyfriend and I took a road trip from New York to Florida to New Orleans to Memphis and back to New York. All in about 10 days. That road trip is the reason I started Windshield Diaries, my blog. I wanted to have a place where all of our friends and family could easily see all the photos and stories from our trip. But once I was done writing about our trip, I didn't want to stop!
3. Favorite vacation spot- I had a REALLY good time on our road trip, but when I think vacation, I think beach. I don't have one favorite beach, but some of my favorites have been Cape Cod, Martha's Vineyard, San Juan, and Siesta Key. Really, put me on a beach anywhere and I will instantly love that place.
4. Favorite food -My favorite food is definitely ice cream / frozen yogurt. It is single handedly the one thing that ruins my good eating habits EVERY time. I really love to cool, smooth texture, and I have the biggest sweet tooth. I have no self control around ice cream or frozen yogurt.
5. Favorite band -There was a point in time where I could tell you unequivocally who my favorite band is. But these days the lines are blurred. I always have a soft spot in my heart for Rilo Kiley and Jenny Lewis. I really like the most recent Arcade Fire album. My boyfriend's band, Severe Severe just released their second album, I think it's pretty awesome. And my biggest guilty pleasure the past few months? The new Taylor Swift album, I'm not gonna lie.
6. Some of your favorite sites/blogs/shops-Would you believe me if I told you that my google reader gets over 1000 unread posts if I neglect it for more than 2 days? I read a LOT of blogs, and strangely enough, some of my favorites are "mommy bloggers" even though I have no desire to ever have children. Obviously I love IROCKSOWHAT, but some others that I try to read every day are The Doe Or The Deer, An Experiment in Poverty, Ginger Mandy, Rockstar Diaries, Sometimes Sweet and Little Chief Honeybee just to name a few. There are actually close to 100 that I try to read daily! Other than blogs, I've been obsessed with Pinterest lately (http://www.pinterest.com/