Yay! I don't normally participate in these tagged blogging posts, but I figured "Why not?" and gave it a whirl. I was tagged by Alycia from The Curious Pug.
1. You must post these rules.
2. Each person must post 11 things about themselves on their blog.
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post, and create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
4. You have to choose 11 people to tag and link them on the post.
5. Go to their page and tell them you have linked him or her.
6. No tag backs.
7. No stuff in the tagging section about ‘you are tagged if you are reading this.’ You legitimately have to tag 11 people.
11 Things About Me:
1. I used to bite my nails SEVERELY up until I was in high school. I just stopped cold turkey one day.
2. My biggest downfall and cheat food is chips and dip. SLOBBERING AS I TYPE THAT.
3. I have had the same side swoop bangs hair style since I was in 6th grade! I have a middle school dance picture to prove it!
4. Speaking of hair, I haven't dyed it for 3 years! And every time I think about doing it I back out because I really love that my son and I have the same hair color.
5. I was pretty much obsessed with the show LOST for awhile there and even fantasized about being stranded on the island with all of the cast members (Sawyer). I mean, it was really unhealthy how much I thought about it.
6. Josh and I have been "together" for 9 years and married for 7.
7. Josh and I leave dishes in our sink for literally a week sometimes. It's so vile.
8. I wax my upper lip.
9. I think about my blog and blogging a million times a day.
10. I chopped off the tip of my right hand ring finger and had to have plastic surgery to sew it back on. I closed it in a fault door at the bank I used to work for.
11. Josh and I aren't supposed to exchange Christmas presents this year, but I bought him presents anyway and he's totally going to be so mad at me! HAHA!
Questions from Alycia from The Curious Pug:
1. If you could go back in time, what time period would you visit? - I'm actually really intrigued by primitive ways. I think it'd be awesome to go back to a time when people didn't have much and we just lived and worked and played. It seemed so simple.
2. What are you looking forward to in 2012? - Honestly, I'm super excited about Alt Design Summit. Then secondly, I'm excited for Josh to finally be out of the military.
3. Describe one of your hidden talents: I think I have the ability to make anyone feel comfortable and start conversations with anyone.
4. You can only bring what you can carry because zombies/aliens/vampires are attacking! What do you bring? - I'd grab Wyatt and my iPhone.
5. What's the best vacation you ever took? -vacation?! that's for rich people.
6. What's your favorite movie or book? - I DON'T READ! Don't have the patience. But I really like the movie Raising Arizona.
7. If you could have only 1 super power, what would it be and why? - Easy. Midas Touch. Obvi.
8. What's the first thing you do after you wake up in the morning? - Go get Wyatt something to drink and then lay on the couch.
9. What is the craziest thing you've ever done? - I don't know... I was really into mooning people when I was in high school. Sadly, my crazy actions stopped once I graduated.
10. What are you most proud of? - Well naturally I'm so proud of my son, but I'm also really proud that I was pregnant for 9 months, delivered a baby, and took care of him completely on my own while Josh was deployed most of his first year. I feel pretty awesome about that.
11. Best piece of advice you've ever received: You don't need a man to complete you. And it's so true. I choose to be with my husband, and he chooses to be with me. We don't NEED each other. I think that's real love. Whoa, this got a little deep.
1. If you could get paid really well to do what you totally love, what would it be? It could be anything!
2. Who is your celebrity crush?
3. What is your dream car?
4. What do you wish you were better at?
5. What is your food weakness that you will over eat every single time?
6. What latest fashion do you hate and wish would just die?
7. Your favorite iphone/andoid app?
8. What is the your most favorite website?
9. Your top 3 favorite stores to shop?
10. What was your favorite childhood toy?
11. What really freaks you out/scares you?
and I tag - Amy, Shawtae, Ashley, Jill, Maryam, Renee, Deanna, Caitlin, The Hipster Dads, Mandey, and Mandy.