- 1 cup
- 2% reduced-fat milk
- 3 regular-size chai tea bags
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup chilled butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1. Cook milk in a saucepan over medium-low heat for a few minutes until bubbles appear (do not boil), remove from heat. Add chai tea bags; cover and steep for 5 minutes. Remove tea bags from milk, squeezing gently.
- 2. Stir together sugar, cinnamon, and flour in a large bowl. Cut in butter with a fork until crumbly. Add 3/4 cup milk mixture, stirring just until everythings things moistened. Leave the remaining milk mixture for later.
- 3. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead lightly 4 to 5 times with floured hands. Pat dough to 3/4-inch thickness; cut with a 1 1/2-inch round cutter (I used a cup I had lying around). Place on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- 4. Bake at 400° for 6 to 7 minutes or until golden. Let stand 5 minutes. Whisk together reserved 1 Tbsp. milk mixture and powdered sugar until smooth. Drizzle over warm cookies.
74 CALORIES a cookie!