I try to be as open and honest as I can on this blog (within reason of course) and I hope that it shows in my blog posts. People are always telling me I'm "real" and that's great! I love that and appreciate it... but, there are obviously things I've never shared because there was no reason to. There wasn't an appropriate time or it was just way too random. Or maybe it's something that I just didn't think about. But either way, I do like to share and so BOOM!
1. I didn't even know what a blog was 4 years ago. I only started one for fun per suggestion from my step mom.
2. If Wyatt was a girl I was going to name him either Astrid or Violet.
3. I'm the oldest sibling. I have two sisters and a brother.
4. I adore pit bulls and have owned 3.
5. My very, very, very first thought in the morning is "COFFEE WIF CREAMER MOUTH NOW". I also sleep until 9 am everyday because that's when Wyatt wakes up. I shouldn't complain.
6. I wear flip flops almost all year. Even in winter.
7. I have very large feet. I wear a size 9.5/10.
8. I was voted "Most likely to move away from Dorchester County" in high school. I went to school in a town with less than 2000 people, so of course I was going to move away.
9. I don't think I could be friends with anyone who didn't have kids. What would we talk about?
10. I love eating until I'm full. I just love it.
11. I totally for real, without a doubt have A.D.D. It makes me so crazy and gets me really depressed since I feel like I can't accomplish anything.
12. Josh and I have lived in Maryland, Delaware, Virginia, Alaska, and California in the 8 years we've been married. We moved away from my hometown when I was 19 years old to Alaska and I cried like a baby for 3 months, but it toughened me up and now moving hardly phases me. I just get the occasional blues now.
13. California is not our forever home. We're making plans to eventually move to Arizona.
14. I don't really care for going to the movies unless it's for a funny movie or something. I do love TV shows though and could spend hours watching episodes. I think it's because they have a beginning and an end at around an hour and you can stop watching relatively easy.
15. My favorite thing to eat in this entire world is a chicken salad with honey vinaigrette dressing from Chipotle. It is the best thing in life. My husband knows that simply suggesting that I get one of these salads will instantly put me in a better mood.
16. We are an ex-military family. My husband served 4 years of a 6 year enlistment. He is medically retired now. He deployed a few times while I was pregnant and Wyatt's first year of life. It sucked.
17. I sometimes can't handle the sound of people eating (depending on how loud they are). I hate it so much that it sort of brings on a special rage inside of me. I sometimes have to just remove myself from a weird eating situation. Wow, that made me sound legit crazy.
18. I brush my teeth in the shower and at the sink depending on the situation. I have a toothbrush and toothpaste in both areas.
19. I don't care for the taste of water and so I buy bottled lemon juice to add in flavor. I can taste metal in the water if I don't add the lemon.
20. I can't bring myself to put on make up if I know I won't be leaving the house. Just like I can't put on "good" clothes if I stay home. I see it as a waste of laundry and makeup.
21. I would strongly consider being a surrogate for someone. I loved being pregnant. It was the baby part that was really hard for me. I'm happy with just one child, but would love to help someone else have kids.
22. I get really nervous when I meet other bloggers! It's just so weird and awkward. But I have made some of my closest friends from the blogging world.
23. I am the worst at email. Seriously. I'm sorry if you know this first hand.
24. I might be the only chick in this world that's not that into crafting. I only like crafts if they're simple and cheap or super duper unique- like, we're talking you can't buy it at the store. I know, I should have my woman badge removed.
25. I believed that praying mantises were endangered species for an embarrassingly long time (I realized they weren't one day when I was around 18) thanks to my Dad who told me they were when I was a young kid. He just didn't want me to kill them.