Essential oils are plant based and do a wonderful job of nurturing our bodies. The medicinal power of plants is still believed and utilized in many parts of the world. I've been using doTERRA oils internally and topically. I'm honestly always looking for an excuse to use them.
Leslie with doTERRA. The introductory kit came with lavender, peppermint, and lemon oil. First off, let me just tell you that these oils are very pure. A drop or two goes a long way. Their scents are amazing! Here's all the ways I've been using them-
1. I use a drop or two in my conditioner (and Wyatt's too!). The oil has been nourishing my scalp and leaving my hair smelling amazing.
2. Acne spot treatment.
3. Wyatt had a gnarly bee sting and I used the lavender to soothe his skin.
5. I've been adding it to my laundry loads and the clothes smell so great.
4. I'm even using it as perfume.
1. I love adding a drop to my water. It's the most amazing sensation. Really can't explain it.
2. Wyatt had a pretty bad fever a few days ago and Leslie suggested rubbing coconut oil mixed with peppermint oil on his back to help bring down the fever. He was so soothed and slept for hours on me.
3. I've been putting a drop on my toothbrush before toothpaste to help remove stains and freshen breath.
1. Can't go wrong with lemon in water. I find this oil super exciting because I never get enough lemon at restaurants. Sometimes I don't even get a lemon! So having the lemon oil in my purse is awesome for moments like that. Tastes JUST like a freshly squeezed lemon in your water. Helps with detoxification.
2. Again, spot treatment on zits. The acid helps dry out the spots.
3. I like to put a few drops on the floor of the bathroom after I've cleaned it. I rub the lemon oil into the floor and it makes everything so fresh- which is good when you have a toddler boy.
And that's pretty much what's been going on with me in the essential oils front. I've been learning about new ways to try them. I'd love to slowly replace old methods with my new oils. If you'd like to learn a little bit more, you can always check out Leslie's webinar here. And of course, to order your own doTERRA oils, go here and order from Leslie (she's been super helpful with me throughout this whole process and I would highly recommend her as a doTERRA rep). If you have any questions for Leslie, please email her - firstname.lastname@example.org
AND! If you'd like a chance to win a 5ml bottle of Wild Orange Essential Oil please be sure to like Leslie's Facebook page in the rafflecopter below.